With the New Year started and students going back to school for Spring Semester, here are 5 tips for succeeding this spring:
- Talk to your teachers the first week of the semester. Let them know that you plan to use your accommodations and that you are happy to answer any questions they may have. If they have concerns about your accommodations, don’t hesitate to reach out to the access office or your SSD Teachers for support.
- Look at your syllabus and ask clarifying questions about big projects. If your teacher doesn’t give you a syllabus, ask them about projects they plan to assign. Let them know that you want to go into 2019 strong, and having due dates helps you be successful.
- Invest in a planner to help keep you organized, or use the calendar on your phone to set reminders. If you write down due dates and test times, you will be able to remember to start studying or working on a project so you don’t have to cram the night before.
- Use Google Docs to collaborate with classmates and friends when studying for an exam. Just make sure you are all studying everything, because only studying your portion of the material doesn’t help you.
- Have Fun! School should not be all work and no play. Make sure you build in brain breaks and screen free-time into your schedule, so your brain functions at its best.
Don’t forget if you ever feel like you need more advice or have questions about how to succeed in school or during the transition process, don’t hesitate to reach out to Sarah at 314-588-7090 or email@example.com