SDI is now accepting applications for the Class of 2016. This 12-week job-readiness program assists people with disabilities, who are enrolled in or who have graduated college or technical institute, in becoming more competitive job-seekers.
Classes begin on February 23, 2016 and are held at the Saint Louis University School of Law in downtown St. Louis.
Class participants will learn to:
- Write resumes that capture the attention of recruiters
- Master the job interview
- Use the web and social media to their advantage during the job search
- Increase the number of contacts in their network pool and how to utilize them
- Manage conflict, professional behaviors, and workplace dynamics
- Evaluate job offers and negotiate salary
- Remove personal barriers and manage societal barriers to job attainment
- Understand legal rights and responsibilities of employers and employees regarding disability and employment
- Learn “if, when and how” to disclose and explain their disability with confidence
This is a power-packed program that blends the insights and expertise of top human resource executives and disability rights leaders. This program has proven results: nearly 80% of program participants have been offered paid positions of their choice.
The Next Big Step class is offered through Maryville University’s continuing education program. Tuition is available through Vocational Rehabilitation and Rehabilitation Services for the Blind. Limited scholarship funds are available. Seating is extremely limited.
Apply online at www.starkloff.org. Contact Susan Menhard, Program Director at email@example.com or Tina Vinson, Employment Specialist at tvinson@firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-588-7090 for more information.