SDI is seeking local professionals to meet with job candidates with a disability to help them expand their professional network. Research shows that 85% of all jobs are filled via networking, which often presents many obstacles for disabled job candidates. The goal of the Professional Connectors program is to help qualified job candidates with disabilities overcome those networking obstacles by connecting them with inclusive-minded professionals from the St. Louis region.
What to expect:
- To be matched with a job candidate with a disability in a similar career field, with a college degree or technical school training.
- To receive the candidate’s profile, resume, and disability etiquette training.
- To meet the candidate for a cup of coffee/tea, share your insights, industry knowledge, trends, best practices, and referrals.
- To introduce them to at least three other people to help them expand their network. Introductions can be made via email, in person, or you can attend a professional networking event together.
- To feel like you have made a difference!
For more information contact: Lori Becker at firstname.lastname@example.org