National Technical Institute for the Deaf (NTID)
Working Together: Deaf and Hearing People
Day 1 – $75- (Early Bird Registration through April 1 – $60)
April 23, 2015, 3:30 – 5:00pm
90 minute plenary, including Q&A
Limited to the first 200 registrants
If you have employed deaf or hard-of-hearing individuals in your organization, or if that’s an area you want to explore, Working Together: Deaf and Hearing People is an excellent resource for you. These award-winning workshops are conducted by employment professionals from the NTID Center on Employment to help create a workplace environment for both deaf and hearing workers that encourages communication and helps all employees realize their full potential.
The workshop presenters will create a fun, comfortable and engaging atmosphere in which these topics will be covered:
- Understanding Hearing Loss
- Communication on the Job
- Strategies to Help You Integrate Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Employees into the Workplace
- Accommodations for Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Employees
Who should attend Working Together?
- Federal Contractors looking to meet OFCCP requirements
- Supervisors or co-workers of deaf and hard-of-hearing employees
- Human resource staff and recruiters
- Equal employment opportunity, diversity and disability hiring professionals
Day 2 – $150
April 24, 2015, 9:00 – 11:30am
2 1/2 hour enhanced workshop
Strictly limited to the first 30 registrants
This workshop includes the 90 minute plenary from January 15, but also provides additional hands-on activities, small group discussions and specially designed materials aimed at senior level executives.
Who should attend the enhanced workshop?
- Senior level executives
- Company leaders
- Human resource partners
- Federal contractors looking to meet OFCCP requirements
Centene Corporation Auditorium
7700 Forsyth Avenue
Clayton, Missouri 63105
This Starkloff Disability Institute training event is co-sponsored by Centene Corporation